Per Sé Group is in need of a talented Senior Civil/Structural Engineer for inspection of buildings – Daily and post-Catastrophe – to determine cause and extent of structural damage and provide repair recommendations upon request. You will oversee field engineers, engineering licenses and CEU requirements, provide hands-on training, coordinating resources, recruiting and overseeing all technical and quality control issues.
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail required. Must be able to document damage to site (i.e. sketches, photographs, and detailed notes) and collect all relevant information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Will be communicating with people with various levels of construction knowledge (i.e. homeowners and insurance adjusters) as well as with Insurance Claims Examiners.
- Must be in good physical condition and comfortable working under adverse conditions, (i.e. attics and crawlspaces), or during inclement weather. Must be able to work on site independently with limited supervision.
- Projects require short-term deadlines (i.e. less than 14 calendar days from receiving assignment to report completion) for multiple site visits and report turnaround times without exception often while working on multiple projects at the same time. Must be able to produce reports within time constraints.
- Must be willing and able to travel to project locations throughout the continental US (and possibly Canada) – where licensed – for several days at a time and on short notice. (Client will reimburse employee for any travel expenses related to performing engineering site
inspections or job related functions.)
Desired Skills and Expertise
- ABET accredited engineering degree with documented experience in structural design and/or building construction. P.E. license and ability to obtain additional licenses required. NCEES record required.
- At least four years of forensic engineering experience performing building inspections and failure analysis, with report preparation for insurance companies and attorneys.
- Working knowledge of structural systems and foundation design/analysis/ construction required. Design/analysis experience with reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel required.
- Must have experience reviewing building plans and specifications, site plans, and building codes. Will be required to analyze topographic maps, USGS river flow and flood stage data, and National Weather Service information.
- Experience with basic surveying techniques and data interpretation required, reading and interpreting FEMA flood elevation certificate a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required. Drafting (AutoCAD) and structural analysis software (RISA STADD, etc.) a plus.