Previous experience as Owners representative performing the duties of Site Electrical Manager for the construction of Wind Farms. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Iowa Wind Farm, ERCOT and General Electric Original Equipment Manufacturer projects a plus.
Responsible for the Construction the Electrical Infrastructures of a Wind Farm as the Site Electrical Manager Representative of the Owner. This position will provide the oversight of the electrical work performed on site and ensure compliance with the Owners Specifications. The major electrical work will be the collector systems, turbine tower wiring, substation construction, final electrical check and fiber installation.
Work will be performed under the supervision of the Owners Project Manager and Site Construction Manager. Additionally, interfacing with the following parties may be required: Site Construction Manager, O&M Manager, Project Landowners & Tenants, Local Officials, EPC, OEM and Managerial Construction Staff
- Review and provide guidance on electrical engineering, and electrical facilities construction to ensure project meets final design requirements of Owner Specifications.
- Monitor electrical construction activities and confirm completion according to IFC Plans or field revisions as determined
- Must be familiar with applicable federal, state and local codes and ERCOT requirements to ensure electrical construction adheres to applicable federal, state and local codes and ERCOT requirements
- Act as focal point between contractors, site management and company representatives on electrical infrastructure elements
- Ensure adherence to all contractual requirements including HSE protocols, company policies, as well as local, state and federal regulations
- Report progress and conformance with IFC Substation, Collection and Transmission Line Plans or field revisions as determined
- Report any and all non-conformances to Owner Project Manager and Site Construction Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of routing electrical cabling and installing electrical equipment
- Climbing certified or the ability to obtain climbing certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment