Per Sé Group
Per Sé Group has an immediate need for an experienced Generator Specialist who will support an electric utility company by troubleshooting and resolving equipment and operational problems that may include performing field inspections, performing review of design, detailed review of computations done by others, or general coordination of specific aspects of design for certain projects. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or PE as well as 6+ years of directly related engineering experience.
- Creates and updates engineering standards, policies, guidelines and ensures procedures are in place for compliance with these policies.
- Acts as a resource for members with less experience, may direct the technical complexities of work.
- Plans, prioritizes, conducts and leads assignments. Serves as project or case manager in the development, facilitation, and implementation of metrics, processes and procedures.
- Meets with general public and/or developers, landowners, and interest groups concerning zoning, subdivision projects, building projects, and engineering regulations, standards, or policies.
- Provides technical presentations to elected officials, appointed boards/commissions, the public, and staff.
- Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and some strategic focus.
- Leads lower level Engineers in project completion.
- May act in a liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Functions as quality inspector or defines quality requirements on engineering designs and projects.
- Manages budgets, schedules, and resources for small to medium sized projects.
- Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, policies and guidelines.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Conducts surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Solves problems and develops solutions that call for original approach, based on thorough and comprehensive research and technical expertise.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) or PE.
- 6 - 10 years directly related Engineering experience to include demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, data analysis, and repair recommendations of electrical equipment (e.g. synchronous generators greater than 10MW, induction motors greater than 1000hp, switchgear, protective relays, voltage regulators, batteries, rectifiers, and transformers).
- Valid State Driver's License.
- OEM field service engineering experience of electrical rotating equipment (motors, exciters, synchronous generators, etc.).
- Experience working in a Power Plant or large Industrial Facility (refinery, steel mill, chemical etc.).
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Per Sé Group
Company – 150 employees
Per Sé has been successfully Providing People Solutions™ for over 25 years. We specialize in placing engineering and technical energy personnel with various career opportunities within the energy industry. Our unique screening process will match your employment requirements with employer opportunities.
We are here because people deserve a better staffing experience. Contact one of our Technical Recruiters to start the conversation today.
Job posted by: Ron Arder, Technical Recruiter