Per Sé Group
Per Sé Group has an immediate need a Planner/Scheduler for a power utility in Austin, TX. This individual develops and maintains work plans and schedules, time and cost estimates, work orders, bid evaluation, requisitions, and work authorizations. This position will require an individual with in-depth knowledge of best practices as well as personal experience to draw from to provide and improve services.
- Conducts daily and weekly planning meetings to coordinate work plans and schedule maintenance activities with supervisors and management to prioritize work activities; makes recommendations to ensure maximum efficiency of ongoing
- Receives and maintains records of work orders; estimates costs for labor, materials, parts and equipment and ensures their availability. Develops job/work scope for contractors.
- Works with project and supervisory personnel to determine any special instructions or considerations involving timeliness and/or availability of crews
- Maintains records, executes computer programs and issues reports as directed to ensure equipment and systems are systematically maintained and accurate information is communicated to project managers, supervisors, or others directly involved in carrying out work plans
- Assists with budget development and maintenance by providing reports upon request. Works with management and project managers by keeping them apprised of variances
- Buys equipment, material and services in accordance with approved Supply Management processes and procedures, reviews and signs off on all invoices for assigned areas up to approved limit
- Evaluates bids, recommends best evaluated bidders and develops letters of recommendation for management approval
- Works with maintenance, environmental, safety, and engineering staff to develop and update planned and preventative maintenance procedures for plant equipment
- Performs work by traveling independently or with other staff to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as necessary to gather information through direct observation of sites.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in work management, electrical/mechanical maintenance, plant maintenance or transmission system maintenance
- A degree in project management, industrial maintenance, operations management, or a related field preferred but may be substituted by relevant experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project preferred
- Knowledge of work management systems
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and methods
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Basic skill in reading and interpreting diagrams and prints
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job posted by: Ron Arder, Technical Recruiter
Company – 150 employees
Per Sé has been successfully Providing People Solutions™ for over 25 years. We specialize in placing engineering and technical energy personnel with various career opportunities within the energy industry. Our unique screening process will match your employment requirements with employer opportunities.
We are here because people deserve a better staffing experience. Contact one of our Technical Recruiters to start the conversation today.