Field Installation Technician - Dayton
Field Installation Technician
Per Sé Group
Per Sé Group
Per Sé Group is currently seeking a Field Installation Technician with one of our top clients in Dayton, OH!
As a Field Installation Technician, you will provide exceptional communication, responsible for installing and servicing laser equipment. Field Installation Technicians have a secondary responsibility to provide customer support by telephone on general operation and troubleshooting of machine problems. Technicians will spend a high percentage of the job on the road traveling to customer sites and must have the ability to meet deadlines and adhere to quality standards. Our client’s fast-paced, high volume, team-oriented environment is the perfect place to start your career!
Contract: Temp to Hire
Schedule: Monday – Friday, must be willing to travel
Field Installation Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacture specifications by performing any needed test.
- Review, evaluate, and resolve machine problems at customer sites, or by phone, with limited supervision.
- Must assume responsibility and exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate, diagnose, and provide timely, appropriate responses and resolutions to customer problems.
- Provide adequate training to customers (and in some events other employees) with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to prepare written service reports and other necessary supportive documentation.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a credit card.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to determine customer problems with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to interact with customers in a way so as to maintain customer confidence in our products.
- Must be able to travel at any time to various customer locations, which includes having or being able to obtain a passport.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in electronics or equivalent.
- Some experience in the industry, preferable
- Basic understanding of the fabrication industry, and general shop operations is preferred.
- Familiarity with calipers, leveling devices, precision indicators, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, soldering irons, and other equipment necessary to perform the job function.
Per Sé Group
Per Sé is a technical staffing and recruitment firm with +25 years' experience in the Energy and Construction industry. We specialize in matching technical personnel with various career opportunities based on their personal career experience and goals.
We are here because people deserve a better staffing experience. Contact one of our Technical Recruiters to start your career conversation today.