Per Sé Group has an immediate need for an experienced, enthusiastic and capable Section Manager for a global Engineering and Construction firm. The Section Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working in large capital transportation and infrastructure projects. This position presents the ideal opportunity for a Civil Engineer with supervisory experience in an EPC/Construction environment with a background in design and transportation / infrastructure who is looking to work for a large, respected firm with a path for immediate growth.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Direct, review, and approve project design and changes.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Administer highway planning, construction, and maintenance.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, Masters preferred
- Minimum 8 yrs. Experience
- Professional Engineering Licensure
- Project management experience
- Experience in engineering of transportation / infrastructure projects