We have an immediate need for a CNC Operator based at our world headquarters in Franklin Park, Illinois. This individual will perform duties to set up and operate one or more cnc grinders to perform a normal range of tool grinding operations. Re tipping, brazing and sharpening carbide tooling.
- Work from blueprints, specifications, piece parts and instructions
- Braze materials and tools in preparation for grinding operations. Set up equipment to perform surface, drill pointing, broach, hob and other similar grinding operations on steel and carbide cutters, reamers, dies, gauges, form tools or special items.
- Plan sequence of operations, select method of holding workpiece and verify dimensions, tolerance, tooling and grinding requirements.
- Select and dress wheels.
- Mount grinding wheels, set grind, rotation and spindle speeds, feed rates, angle of wheel, length of cycle or stroke and depth of cut.
- Position blades, cams, diamonds and stops.
- Measure workpiece to determine amount of material to be removed.
- Position on table, face plate or magnetic chuck in fixture or chuck jaws or between centers of wheels.
- Start machine, engage automatic mechanism, direct flow of coolant and observe operations.
- Use mathematics together with the analytical use of complicated blueprints, specifications, piece parts and instructions, and use various types of precision measuring instruments such as micrometer, caliper, comparator and height gauge to grind too to specifications.
- 1 – 2 years of experience