Per Sé is conducting a search for a Compliance Specialist for our client, the largest independent owner and operator of natural gas storage in North America. Client owns and operates multiple facilities. In this role you will report to the Senior Compliance Manager, and as part of company’s US operations, you will ensure the regulatory compliance of the US Operations Facilities. If you are self-motivated, hands-on and have strong team skills, this could be the perfect “fit”.
Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Perform Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) monitoring at US Operations Facilities.
- Perform air emissions calculations for permitting, emissions inventories, and annual compliance reporting.
- Assist in the coordination of compliance activities with the following agencies:
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- California Geologic Energy Management Division (CalGEM)
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA)
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Local air districts and certified unified program agencies
- Respond to requests from various internal/external sources for information (including interpretation, clarification, background, analysis, and recommendations) generated after regulatory filings. Research and analyze data from responses and information requests.
- Conduct standard/routine data analysis to ensure response timeliness.
- Assist with the development and preparation of strategic briefing materials, summaries, communications, and recommendations for management, client organizations, and regulators.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or a similar discipline with a strong analytical component.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant environmental or gas industry experience required.
- Preference for applicants with air quality experience, greenhouse gas emission reporting experience, or compliance experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Pro)