Per Se Group has an immediate opening for an experienced Lead Cost Specialist to work with our well-established energy client. In this role, you would support our client’s projects and turnaround groups for the setup, maintenance, and reporting of project cost information. You will utilize your knowledge and experience to perform project progress measurement, schedule analysis, cost forecasting, preparation and input of updated cash flow forecasts, and for contract oversight and administration as needed. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with one of the leaders in the energy industry and a world-class team of colleagues all supporting your success.
- Interface with project and corporate teams on all items related to the execution of the project and/or program.
- Report performance and variances to approved budgets, planned commitments, and actual costs, including variances
- Support the creation of requisitions as needed for services and materials, perform services and materials tracking, and purchase order management, as well as assist with the development of Project Controls deliverables, plans and processes
- Collect cost data by various cost types and assist with development of reports for performance results; support Track MCI© management and administration including validation of vendor charge codes, actuals versus planned costs for labor, materials, equipment, and mobilization; and reconcile vendor invoices to project documents and supports financial closeout.
- Interface as necessary with vendors, contractors, suppliers, and other service providers to ensure accuracy of cost and schedule data.
- Perform general administrative and analytical functions to identify forecast variances to planned spend/cash flow and purchase order commitments, project change management, and develop departmental and organizational KPIs, reporting results to key team members and project stakeholders.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, with emphasis on business, technical, engineering, construction, project management or related area
- Minimum of 9 years of cost and/or project controls experience with turnarounds, engineering projects, and/or construction, preferably in an owner's representative capacity in oil and gas refinery or chemical plant setting
- Understands Primavera and Microsoft Project schedules definitions and basic schedule philosophies/fundamentals
- Experience with Track MCI software administration, including timekeeping and materials modules, and reporting suites
- Thorough understanding of procurement and construction workflow
- Experience calculating progress/earned value and productivity (PF) as well as Value of Work Done calculations and VOWD status reporting and developing custom reports using key financial and performance data
- Experienced with financial accruals management
- Patient when handling issues and/or problem resolution. Must possess high level of professionalism, demonstrating confidentiality and ability to cooperate with others