Per Se Group is looking for an experienced individual with an understanding of distribution grid operations who is forward-thinking and interested in learning new technology. In this role, you will work with our new Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), providing real-time support for the Distribution System Operators.
This position may be hired at a staff or senior level and will be determined by experience as outlined below.
- Provides professional engineering guidance and oversight on complex distribution standards and equipment specifications (e.g., switches, reclosers, network protectors, regulators, distribution automation equipment); provides expertise and oversight in distribution design and code interpretation to resolve broad and complex problems on the distribution system.
- Leads complex system restoration efforts and consultation efforts with line crews, identifying broad and complex engineering analyses and solutions to complex distribution reliability problems; leads the scoping development and review of distribution expansion designs; provides mentoring of less experienced engineers; presents recommendations to senior management.
- Proposes projects needed for expansion of the distribution system to add capacity and operational flexibility; provides recommendations to management for viable alternative solutions to complex distribution reliability and system-hardening problems; serves as work order owner for distribution maintenance, feeder getaway and underground core projects. Leads projects with impact across the distribution system.
- Serves as a liaison to external customers; provides job status updates, requests additional design information, investigates outages and power quality issues, follows up on customer technical issues and provides information to Distribution Planning.
- Understands the holistic impact of a customer relationship and builds trusted relationships working directly with customer’s senior management and technical staff; communicates complex concepts to customers
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program or program accredited by an equivalent agency.
- Staff Level: Eight or more years in engineering or five or more years in a related field with PE license.
- Senior Level: Ten or more years in engineering.