Per Se Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and forward-thinking engineer with expertise in distribution grid operations. In this role, you will work with our new Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), providing real-time support for the Distribution System Operators. This position may be hired at a staff or senior level and will be determined by experience as outlined below.
- Provides professional engineering guidance and oversight on complex distribution standards and equipment specifications, distribution design, and code interpretation to resolve broad and complex problems in the distribution system.
- Leads complex system restoration efforts with line crews; performs engineering analyses and provides solutions to distribution reliability problems; leads the scoping development and review of distribution expansion designs.
- Proposes projects needed for expansion of the distribution system to add capacity and operational flexibility.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with external customers; provides job status updates, requests additional design information, investigates outages and power quality issues, follows up on customer technical issues and provides information to Distribution Planning.
- Mentors less experienced engineers and communicates effectively with senior management.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program or equivalent.
- Staff Level: Eight or more years in engineering or five or more years in a related field with PE license.
- Senior Level: Ten or more years in engineering.