Per Se Group has a great contract position for a Crude E&I Coordinator who will be responsible for the crude unit execution of a critical project for one of our premier energy clients. In this role you will review and supervise contractors' work. Activities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations. You will be working with an outstanding and dedicated team that puts safety, quality, and professional collaboration first!
- The E&I Coordinator is responsible to report construction issues (interfaces / safety / productivity etc.) to the superintendent to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for coordinating contractor activities and ensuring performance in accordance with work packages and instructions.
- Responsible for preparing NCRs and notifying the construction manager and contractor when contractor’s work does not comply with project requirements, specifications and/or drawings.
- Participate in construction incident investigation and corrective actions.
- Coordinate Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS).
- Provide input and monitor the construction schedule, including identifying potential problems and impacts to the schedule.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Appropriate Trade designation / certification (Electrician, Instrumentation Tech, etc.)
- Journeyman designation as a minimum and at least 20 years of experience on large capital projects.
- Other relevant post-secondary education such as a Civil Engineer / Structural Engineer, advanced degree or equivalent experience will be considered in total experience.
- Has experience with various labor postures in Owner and Contractor organizations
- An understanding of the competitive environment and ideally bring an extensive personal network of contacts in the EPC, Oil and Gas and related large-scale process industries while understanding the issues and challenges is required.
- Strong technical competency at the planning, execution and completion levels.
- Proven practical knowledge of current project and construction management tools and practices (e.g. cost management systems, scheduling, estimating, risk tools, constructability, etc.)