Per Sé is conducting a search for a Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager for our client in the western Chicago Suburbs. Our client is one of the fastest-growing propane retailers in the United States (currently #7 in the US). With over 900 employees across 9 markets in 21 states, our client provides propane services for the residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial sectors.
In this role you will be responsible for directing the development, implementation, administration and continuous improvement of our client’s safety and environmental strategies and goals. Your HSE expertise will help lead and support all levels of the organization as they strive to achieve zero accidents and occupational illnesses through rigorous risk identification and mitigation.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills and project management to collaborate and communicate with district and team members to ensure our locations and facilities are compliant with internal and external regulations.
- Conduct regular HSE inspections of districts and work sites to ensure company and regulatory compliance.
- Assist with contractor safety management system including pre-qualification process.
- Develop and present relevant HSE training. Coordinate HSE training, including new hire orientation.
- Ensure required HSE reporting is completed on time and accurately. Maintain HSE logs and documents. Prepare reports as necessary and requested.
- Assist in updating HSE programs, policies, and standards as needed to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Follow up on all Accident / Incident reports to ensure that they are completed, investigated, root cause analysis, and that recommended preventative measures are acted upon.
- Provide assistance for HSE due diligence on potential acquisitions and lead integration efforts.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- College/University degree with an HSE-related degree; or specialized training and experience in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental aspects
- DOT experience preferred
- Available on call 24 hours
- Ability to travel 25 – 40%
- Experience managing worker’s comp claims