As an Electrical Engineer with our leading client in the medical equipment, instrumentation, test, and measurement equipment sector, you will play an integral part of providing electronics, software, and firmware design services to support the manufacturing of company products and equipment to maximize our client’s revenue and profitability. This is a great opportunity to step into the world of engineering with an organization that plays a huge role in saving lives every day.
- Design smart management battery systems utilizing SMBus, HDQ, and 1-Wire communication protocols in DC applications
- Confer with customers and sales and engineering staff to discuss existing or potential battery design related projects and products
- Provide support to sales personnel and customers with technical advice and design
reviews for product safety and product manufacturability
- Test new circuit boards for function, safe operation, and design verification and test new battery assemblies for specification conformance. Develop and administer related test routines and
- Provide failure analysis for manufactured product and customer returned products.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or education equivalent to a BS degree
- Digital and analog circuit design and testing including switch mode power supply
- Knowledge in programming languages C, C++, C#, and assembly.
- Software packages such as CadSoft Eagle, Atmel, Studio, and Visual Studio
- Experience with such tools as power supplies, a digital multimeter, electronic load, soldering iron, impedance meter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, microscope, various hand and power tools, and battery fuel gauge software packages