Per Se has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our client’s team in New Milford, CT. This person will serve as a project lead and carry out assignments associated with electrical engineering in support of the client’s power hydroelectric generating station equipment and facilities. Work assignments will include projects located in Connecticut.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee periodic maintenance activities for the electrical equipment at the facilities
- Provide engineering guidance to the operation department for the safe and reliable operation of the equipment
- Conduct operational stage testing of electrical equipment to validate operating capabilities, parameters and limits.
- Perform engineering design and analysis work for modifications to existing plant systems or for new plant systems/equipment
- Implement design change/modifications, including procedure preparation, procurement, project management, testing and commissioning, and design document updating
- Perform technical reviews of purchase requisitions to specify technical and documentation requirements
- Coordinate personnel, develop schedules, and evaluate work plans required to support engineering assignments
- Works with operations and maintenance groups to identify, troubleshoot, and plan repairs to equipment associated with the generation of electricity
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses in support of proposed engineering assignments
- Prepare specifications and evaluate proposals for contractor and consultant’s services and/or equipment purchases
- Ensure assignments meet quality standards, regulatory requirements and are completed on time and within budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 5+ years’ experience in an Engineering position/power plant operations
- Safety and Quality training experience required with a high level of focus in these areas
- Proficient in MS Office applications (MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to regularly work in the natural elements, including rain, cold, heat, full sun, and inclement weather.
- Physically mobile (stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, balance, stooping squatting, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching grasping, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks, etc.) and sit for prolonged periods