Per Se Group has an opportunity for an Engineering Manager that is looking for that just right position with the opportunity to make a major impact. At our clients facility, this person will have the opportunity to be hands on out in the field, keeping track of contractors, hours and money spent, along with progress in the project. This position requires extensive experience and advanced technical subject matter knowledge in coal fired power plants. The preferred applicant should possess field and specific technical knowledge as well as leadership skills.
- Provides guidance to the operating and maintenance departments, including technical support, trouble shooting, testing and inspections as needed to maintain safe and reliable operation
- Monitors plant process performance and provides feedback to the station Leadership
- Supervises, directs, and manages the engineering department
- Performs field inspections of job sites and work in progress
- Recognizes problems and is proactive in helping to resolve them
- Coordinates application of internal and external resources to area of responsibility to support maintenance activities, operations, projects, programs, etc.
- Responsible for the plant Root Cause Analysis program in support of the reliability program
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10 years of experience in a power plant, chemical plant or industrial plant
- Experience with Mechanical Equipment including: Boilers and combustion process, turbines, heat exchangers, condensers, coal handling equipment, compressors, fans, pumps
- Experience with Electrical Equipment including: Generators, transformers, power distribution equipment, motors, and electrical protection systems
- Strong knowledge of power plant instrument and control systems including combustion controls and interlock systems
- Knowledge of environmental and safety requirements, regulations, and reporting requirements.