- Sector: Renewable Energy
- Expiration Date: 03 January 2049
- Job Ref: 22131
Per Se Group is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist for a great direct hire position with our client in the Southern California area. As an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, you will coordinate communication and act as the single point-of-contact with the corporate safety group. Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety regulations and protocols and facilitating an injury-free work zone, you will be a key contributor to the success of the team!
• Develop and provide technical support and training to ensure all employees have the knowledge and skills to comply and enforce environmental regulations and policies.
• Conduct industrial hygiene sampling.
• Maintain existing permit reporting, renewal and related document requirements as stipulated by law per assigned area of responsibility; including air, water, solid waste management, etc.
• Escort environmental regulatory inspections on any site visits and inspections. Document and communicate any corrective actions and/or potential notice of violations to facility management.
• Develops and provides necessary training of plant personnel so that all facility
• Conduct and provide oversight on incident investigations and assist in the development and execution of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, technical, and/or related discipline, or a high school diploma (or equivalent) and the corresponding combination of related experience and formal training.
• Minimum five years of power plant, occupational health and safety, and/or industrial experience.
• Experience with using industrial hygiene monitoring equipment. Ability to interpret applicable occupational health and safety standards, and regulations that impact the station.
• Knowledge of power plant processes and equipment.
• Advanced degree, ASP or CSP are a plus.
Who are we?
Per Sé is passionate about finding you your next job. We are a leading workforce solution with 25+ years of experience in the Energy and Industrial markets. We seamlessly match people with the right job opportunities at the right time. Join our network to stay up to date on jobs relevant to your line of work.
People are our purpose
We believe in the power of unique perspectives. In that spirit, we strive to foster an environment in which people of all backgrounds are embraced and inspired. Per Sé values inclusivity, transparency, equal opportunity and care to all applicants and employees regardless of gender/gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and ability.