Per Se Group has an excellent full-time, direct hire job opportunity for an Environmental Manager with expertise in development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects. Responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental regulations and permits during the development and construction phase, and supports the North American operating fleet of renewable energy projects
- Assist in obtaining federal, state, and local environmental and construction permitting for the siting of renewable energy facilities as well as ensuring federal, state, and local environmental permit compliance for their operation
- Coordinate and work closely with internal cross functional resources, outside consultants, and as liaison with governmental agencies
- Prepare detailed internal reports on development projects and provide support for preparing permits, regulatory reports, and other compliance submittals; Tier II reports on annually
- Assist with environmental policies, procedures, and systems based on ISO 14.001 Environmental Management System (EMS) to increase efficiency and effectiveness with the Company environmental program requirements
- Participate in professional, industry, and/or regulatory organizations and associations, as required, to help achieve company’s strategic goals in shaping legislation, state, and federal agency policies/guidance, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor of Science in an environmental or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in an environmental, regulatory, or environmental law sectors that demonstrate increasing responsibility.
- Previous experience in permitting energy development projects is required, including specific experience with several of the following: ; National Historic Preservation Act; Endangered Species Act, Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and Migratory Bird Treaty Act; Wetlands Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans and Inspections; Spill Prevention Containment Countermeasures Plans
- Technical knowledge of environmental disciplines (natural resources, water, waste, etc.) and related U.S. and/or Canadian federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Standard and mobile platforms
- Overnight travel up to 25%
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a Passport and valid driver’s license