As an Environmental Specialist, you will provide environmental guidance on one of the largest solar projects in the US. You will be an important part of the environmental team, your wildlife relocation skills and ability to operate in a safe environment will fulfill a critical need for a company in the renewable industry. You will work as a contractor to advance our client’s mission of building a 3400 acre solar farm.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all site environmental programs, including generated hazardous waste, biological resources, spill prevention and control, etc.
- Supports and emphasizes the importance of safety and environmental programs and ensures regulatory compliance
- Recognizes problems and is proactive in helping to resolve them
- Prepare weekly environmental project updates
- Provide all necessary site-specific training/support related to environmental compliance.
Skills and Expertise
- BA/BS in environmental science or related field and/or 2 years of relevant experience
- DOT Certification for managing hazardous materials and waste
- Ability to operate personnel computer with technical proficiency of standard business software
- Knowledge of working at a construction site
- Knowledge in wildlife biology is a plus
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Desert environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting.
- Requires valid license to operate a motor vehicle
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)