Per Sé Group is seeking a Field Building Automation Design Engineer for our global client who is a leader in integrating process and energy technologies, software and services for homes, data centers, infrastructure, and multiple industries. Be a part of an industry leader with over 135,000 employees worldwide! This role is a REMOTE role that requires up to 50% travel. In this role you will be responsible for the design of quality building automation control practices for assigned projects. Specific responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, both pre-contract and post contract work as described below.
- Lead detailed automation design and engineering field audits
- Create automation scopes of work and cost estimates with minimal supervision*
- Prepare technical audit reports and automation bid package submittals
- Assist in decision-making support for sales, engineering, and project management functions
- Analyze the performance of mechanical, electrical, and control systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency through multi-disciplinary Energy Conservation Measures
- Prepare automation designs for the project that meet the need and level of control for given systems
- Assist in creation of sequences of operation for improved energy efficiency of HVAC equipment and other mechanical, electric, and pneumatic systems
- Ability to estimate turnkey solutions for the alignment of building automation control strategy to meet client objectives
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required OR equivalent work experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred. Other Professional certifications (LEED, CEA, BEP, PE, etc.) a plus
- A minimum of three years related work experience required in the building automation/controls and/or installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
- Working experience with building automation vendors (Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Allerton, Automated Logic, etc.) highly preferred.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards: ASHRAE, NEC, NFPA, UL, etc.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation systems