As a Field Building Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation of quality building automation control practices while providing engineering/technical oversight for construction site projects for a retrofit/energy performance contracting team, fulfilling a critical role for a multinational company that specializes in digital automation and energy management. This position is for somebody who enjoys travel! It is remote but requires travel to sites nationwide during the week.
- Implement hardware and software designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards and contract requirements during installation of project
- Oversight of electrical installation subcontractor for compliance to design, schedule and implementation methods
- Support of electrical installation for technical support for implementation and standardization of building automation controls
- Lead efforts in validation, commissioning, and project implementation of BAS control system
- Material handling and management of BAS related controls
- Analyze building automation systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECMs
- Lead efforts as the technical resource for building automation system with Construction team
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- A minimum of three years related work experience required in the building automation/controls and/or installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
- Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of platforms (Vista, Continuum, I/Net, and/or Invensys) high preferred.
- Working experience with other building automation vendors (Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Alerton, Automated Logic, etc.) highly preferred.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation and HVAC systems