As a WEDM Field Service Technician you will have skills as a good communicator, and the mechanical and electrical knowledge to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on Laser Machining products. Extensive travel within a set geographical area is required and occasional travel throughout North America.
- Travel to customer locations to diagnose complex technical problems and perform on-site repair.
- Examine machines mechanically and perform repairs by dismantling machines and rebuilding mechanically.
- Diagnose technical problems and troubleshoot via telephone.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers via telephone.
- Effectively interpret schematics and block diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
- Document in detail product problems and resolutions.
Knowledge, Skills and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- CNC programming skills a plus
- Ability to operate computer using windows operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive travel necessary
- 2 year Electronic or Technical Degree.
- Experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
- Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems.
- Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques. (Dial Indicators, Micrometers, and Calipers).