Per Sé Group is seeking a Laser Field Service Technician for our client, North America’s premier supplier and servicer of lasers, EDMs, press brakes and fabrication and milling equipment. Founded in 1978, our client has more than 430 employees in North America and is a part of a global corporation, serving industries including aerospace, automotive, mold and die, job shops, medical and energy. In this role, you will repair, troubleshoot, modify, and test complex technical problems on Laser Machining products. Extensive travel within a set geographical area is required and occasional travel throughout North America.
- Travel to customer locations to diagnose complex technical problems and perform on-site repairs.
- Examine machines mechanically and perform repairs by dismantling machines and rebuilding mechanically.
- Diagnose technical problems and troubleshoot via telephone.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers via telephone.
- Effectively interpret schematics and block diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
- Document in detail product problems and resolutions.
- 2-year Electronic or Technical Degree.
- Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- CNC programming skills a plus
- Experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
- Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems.
- Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques. (Dial Indicators, Micrometers, and Calipers).