Freight Assistant needed to join and grow with a company that is known as one of the nation's largest suppliers of remanufactured and new transmissions, transfer cases, differentials and parts. We are looking for a junior Freight Assistant to coordinate and schedule daily transportation needs and assist Freight Manager in areas such as shipping, warehouse responsibilities.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Pay close attention to detail
- Requires physical strength to lift boxes and other heavy items
- Knowledge of LTL industry, hazardous material regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, pays close attention to detail.
- Possesses physical strength necessary to lift boxes and other heavy items on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of LTL industry, hazardous materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in inventory sector is preferred.
- At least four (4) years of experience in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics in manufacturing industry or handling facility.