Per Se Group is looking for a GIS Technician to work with a well-established utility client in Iowa. This position does not require relocation and can work remotely anywhere in Iowa. This role will Perform visual and computer quality control checks on facility and/or land base data. Using editor tool, make corrections, close and map backlog work orders. Ensure map products reflect correct geographic locations of facilities and have standard of cartographic quality. Plot maps for use in field locations.
- During conversion and/or post-conversion, compare source documents to products and information shipped from conversion vendor or field offices.
- Assign phasing notation to map product utilizing switch diagrams and information, material information, etc., as provided on source documents.
- Perform data entry functions related to cleanup and ongoing data maintenance of utility facilities.
- Operate computer peripheral equipment as specified in operations documentation.
- Maintain documentation of the conversion/post-conversion equipment tools.
- Performs all work according to established company practices and department standards.
- Performs other duties, which are similar, related or incidental to this position. Supervision
- Work performed under direction of Team Leader GIS Data Services.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Successful completion of courses or work experience equivalent to 2 years of technical training in utility engineering beyond high school.
- 2 - 4 years experience in utility construction, engineering work and/or mapping Other Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction standards and work requests.
- Understanding and knowledge of electric, gas, water and land based components and systems.
- Familiarity and understanding of pole area maps, underground area maps, gas maps, water maps, and switch diagrams.
- Understanding of Geographic Information System (GIS) applications or graphical applications or ability to learn them.