Reporting to the Superintendent US Operations, and as part of the Wild Goose Gas Storage team, the successful candidate will ensure the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the Gas Storage and field facilities. This position requires a self-motivated, hands-on individual with strong team skills.
Note: This position is located in Gridley, California. All employees must reside within one hour of facility.
- Hands on troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical and instrumentation issues and equipment while identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Maintain all plant and field processing equipment utilizing SCADA control systems.
- Maintain superior records and documentation standards throughout the plant and field areas.
- Responsible for maintenance, calibration, repair of all instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Understands and performs safety responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, emergency response, implement safe work procedures, etc.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulatory requirements. Responsible for corrective action if required.
- Ensure effective communication with operations, maintenance, and management staff.
- Ongoing performance improvement including job progression, site-specific training, equipment training, etc.
- Willing to work extra hours and be on call when required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to offer occasional assistance as required at our Salt Plains Gas Storage Facility in Oklahoma.
- must poses instrumentation and electrical qualifications and or work history with a minimum of 5+ year’s experience in the oil & gas industry. Formal training in both instrumentation and electrical would definitely be an asset.
- Wonderware System Platform SCADA experience is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required, as well proven trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills required in programming and configuration of Allen Bradley and Modicon PLC’s. Windows 10 operating systems, OPC based equipment, HART communications.
- Proven ability to work and maintain such equipment as compressor controls both pneumatic and electronic, PLC HMI equipment hardware and software, valve repair, motor controls, switch gear, VFD’s, transmitters and process equipment, Scada equipment, and good understanding of computer hardware and network equipment, and radio equipment.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and has the ability to work independently when required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn equipment maintenance and calibration requirements.
- Open on taking on new challenges in a changing operation.
Physical Requirements in the role:
Must be able to work an 8-hour shift of 5 on 2 off schedule.
- Must be willing to be on call, work overtime, and holidays when necessary.
- Must be willing to work in warm and cold climate conditions when necessary.
- Must be able to comfortably climb ladders and stairs and work at heights.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces for up to one hour at a time.
- Must be able to work with hands below knees and or above shoulders for short periods of time up to 10 minutes.