Per Se Group has an immediate need for a skilled Instrumentation / Electrical Technician for a Natural Gas storage company in Northern California. Reporting to the Superintendent US Operations, and as part of the Gas Storage team, the successful candidate will ensure the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the Gas Storage and field facilities. This position requires a self-motivated, hands-on individual with strong team skills.
- Hands on troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical and instrumentation issues and equipment while identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Maintain all plant and field processing equipment utilizing SCADA control systems.
- Maintain superior records and documentation standards throughout the plant and field areas.
- Responsible for maintenance, calibration, repair of all instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Understands and performs safety responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, emergency response, implement safe work procedures, etc.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulatory requirements. Responsible for corrective action if required.
- Ensure effective communication with operations, maintenance, and management staff.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Must poses instrumentation and electrical qualifications and or work history with a minimum of 5+ year’s experience in the oil & gas industry. Formal training in both instrumentation and electrical would definitely be an asset.
- Wonderware System Platform SCADA experience is a plus..
- Strong computer skills required in programming and configuration of Allen Bradley and Modicon PLC’s. Windows 10 operating systems, OPC based equipment, HART communications.
- Proven ability to work and maintain such equipment as compressor controls both pneumatic and electronic, PLC HMI equipment hardware and software, valve repair, motor controls, switch gear, VFD’s, transmitters and process equipment, SCADA equipment, and good understanding of computer hardware and network equipment, and radio equipment.