Per Sé Group is currently hiring two Entry Level Instrument Technicians for an oil and gas client in the suburbs of Chicago. The Instrument Technician will be trained to set up, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate all electronic and pneumatic equipment in a refinery. They will learn to read P&ID’s, loop drawings and electrical circuitry drawings.
- Interest in gaining experience as an instrument technician at either a refinery, chemical plant, or power plant
- Knowledge/Education with Flow, Level, Pressure, Temperature, and Analytical sensors and control systems.
- Coursework/Training in setting up a control valve, both pneumatic and electronic.
- Coursework/Training in calibrating electronic and pneumatic XMIT
- Ability to calculate LRV and URV of a simple level
- Additional Experience gained:
- Differential pressure transmitters used on flow measurement, level, and pressure
- Control valves and positioners
- Radar, displacer, and Magnetostrictive levels
- Magmeters and Vortex Meters
- Experience with Emerson AMS Device Manager a plus
- Associates or Certification in Process Instrumentation and Controls
- Knowledge or experience within electrical, instrumentation, and controls