Per Se Group has an immediate need for a skilled Instrumentation Technician to work at one of the largest solar plants in the United States, with the newest technologies in the industry! The Instrumentation Technician will be responsible to install, troubleshoot, calibrate, and maintain all instrumentation associated with the boiler, turbine, generator, and all auxiliary equipment for the plant.
- Recognizes safety hazards and follows safety guidelines for personal protection, protection of fellow workers and the protection of the public.
- Knowledgeable of environmental rules and regulations, and effectively apply them to all work situations.
- Install, calibrate, test, troubleshoot, and maintain protective relays, computers, metering, monitoring, and control systems on boilers, turbines, generators, and plant auxiliary equipment. In shop location includes performing benchwork and component troubleshooting.
- Reads, and interprets electric generating plants P&ID’s and CWD’s to locate, identify, troubleshoot, and repair plant systems, interlocks, etc.
- Uses test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters electronic bridges, loop calibrators) and hand tools (i.e. drills, screwdrivers) as necessary to troubleshoot and maintain devices and systems for the power plant.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent knowledge of English, mathematics and grammar.
- Minimum of two (2) years of formal training in electronics and pneumatics, instrumentation, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Completion of a company's Apprentice Training Program including classroom and on-the-job training.
- Successful candidates must receive a rating of Recommended on the Pre-employment Assessment test.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to respectfully communicate orally and in written reports, condition of equipment and status of jobs to crew leader, supervision, Operations, and other craft personnel and outside service representatives.
- Knowledge of electricity, voltage, and current relationships.