Lead Solar Design Engineer
We have a great opportunity for a Lead Solar Design engineer. This individual will lead activities for program development and facilitate the technical design and evaluation of utility-scale solar projects from the owner’s perspective.
- Manage detailed layout design
- Evaluate project siting constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOP (balance of plant) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value.
- Utilize performance modeling software to prepare energy production estimates and other production profile deliverable
- Review technology and feasibility studies
- Be a technical expert for project management team for all engineered solutions, and a resource to construction team.
- Optimize layouts in order to maximize project value
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Participate in landowner meetings, community outreach events, and monthly construction meetings
- Spearhead multiple team initiatives to support the continued growth of the project engineering team.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Assist the development team with federal, state, county, and local permitting efforts
- Support the development and origination teams with the preparation of sales proposals
- Interface with the Project Management and Operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations.
- Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Work with the project electrical engineering team to support electrical system design and compliance efforts Required Skills
- 3-5+ years experience in the solar energy industry, preferably working with the design of new solar
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage deliverables for multiple projects at a time
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds Preferred Skills