We are seeking a Lead Project Engineer for Utility scale Solar projects in Wisconsin. As a Lead Project Engineer, you will Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, planning, constructing, installing, renewable facilities, battery energy storage systems, and related balance of plant equipment. Technical responsibilities will be part of a collaboration with a project team focused on the development of large- and small-scale utility renewable projects.
- Provides leadership, coaching, direction, guidance, and advice to others which has a wide range of influence on many levels of decision making. Has established effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, functional groups, and internal and external peers. Proactively identify and develop operational guidelines, standards, training, strategic plans, etc. that help the customer sustain identified improvements.
- Performs work that is technically advanced; recognized as having developed expertise in one or more areas of the business. Uses a variety of complex tools and resources to solve problems. Routinely makes sound decisions when faced with lack of readily available or vague information.
- Technical review of renewable design and configuration across engineering disciplines, including electrical specifications, mechanical functioning of equipment, civil and physical layouts of equipment throughout the project area to the point of interconnection.
- Solves highly technical or complex problems through the use of technical experience, extensive knowledge of principles, theories and concepts as well as knowledge of business trends in generating innovative and/or original solutions.
- Perform effective risk management that involves direct application of technical knowledge and may have an impact on multiple areas of the business with proper sign off from customer.
- Coordinates and leads cross functional teams that deal with complex technical and project related topics. Champion project goals and objectives to assist with the efficient resolution of complex risks and issues.
- Prioritizes Supplier relationships; stays current with technology and equipment roadmaps
- In addition to Senior Engineer requirements, understands income statement and balance sheet pro forma analyses and the implications of technical inputs to the pro forma; this implies the complete understanding of shareholder and customer impacts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree: Engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering Accreditation Commission
- 5 + years of related experience.
- Project management leadership experience preferred, along with ability to deal with subcontractors and cross-functional teams