Here with Per Se Group we are in need of a Manual Machine Setup operator. They will performs duties to set up and operate a limited variety of Mill and Lathe work centers to progressively machine a variety of piece parts.
This position works from blueprints, shop orders, tool sheets, computer printouts and instructions to do the following:
- Rotate on a regular basis between the departments’ various lathe and milling work centers which are average to complex in nature to meet the department's production scheduling requirements.
- Set up work centers involving tasks including, pulling of tooling, assembly of holders, and the setting of chucks, tooling vises and bar feeds.
- Load bar stock, castings and other raw materials into work centers. Progress work center through to produce first piece part, inspecting for accurate dimensions and making the necessary adjustments to the work center.
- Monitor ongoing machining operations, dimensionally inspect piece parts and troubleshoot work center difficulties involving tooling and equipment.
- Lubricate equipment, segregate chips and maintain an accurate tooling inventory. Prepare the required paperwork and logs. Provide instruction to operators in loading and operation of machines as required.
- Notify designated supervisory personnel of operating difficulties.
- Use a variety of adjustable precision measuring instruments, fixed gauges, bench grinder and hand truck.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience, Ability to perform shop math.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to understand G code
- Must pass written test.