Per Se Group has a great new opportunity for an outstanding Mechanical Engineer with experience in solar construction! In this role, you will utilize your skills and expertise in overseeing EPC and construction. If you are a proven leader who wants to enjoy a great compensation and benefits package while making a meaningful impact with a reputable company, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Oversee the work performed by contractors in the construction of renewable energy facilities.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in Civil Construction activities and oversight.
- Monitor construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, etc.
- Assist in the management of civil engineering contractors assigned to work on the design of renewable energy facilities, including definition of requirements and specifications, review of engineering drawings and RFI management.
- Assist in the monitoring of facilities tie-ins, start-up, and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
- Oversee the Safety and Environmental compliance in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and company's policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements.
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately determine failure mode and reason.
- Provide all the information needed to create the daily reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with EIT Certification a plus.
- Experience in construction of energy facilities or renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with project management tools and systems (MS Project, Primavera)and designing with Auto Cad.
- Ability to relocate to the project sites during construction for a period of several months.
- Flexibility to move work days and hours as necessary to accommodate construction schedule including extended hours and weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays).
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and work at heights of 300 feet.