Per Se Group has a very special opportunity for a mechanical engineer looking for a full time position with an outstanding company. At our client’s unique facility, you will have the ability to build a stable, long-term career at one of America’s most modern and well-positioned coal fired power plants. You will utilize your skills and expertise to work with a variety of mechanical systems in the power plant, including anhydrous ammonia, condensate, circulating water, cooling towers, and other systems. This position offers competitive compensation, a very generous benefits and bonus package, and a stellar team of colleagues to support you as you grow with the company.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Responsible for supervision of outage budget.
- Lead and/or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) processes and ensure corrective actions, repairs, and or modifications are executed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Develop and/or review the Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities for equipment and coordinate all maintenance and repair projects
- Provide project and critical path management for plant outages through the development of contract work scopes, assembly of budgets, and contractor oversight.
- Work with and train Maintenance and Plant Operations Personnel in the most reliable, safe, and efficient methods for equipment & system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain all equipment inspections, testing, and history records for the facility and provide technical expertise, leadership, and assistance for ancillary improvement projects as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 5+ years of power plant experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college
- Engineer in Training (EIT) / Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification a plus
- Knowledge of Statics, Strength of Materials, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, and Machine Design
- Willingness to work a DuPont schedule, and availability for overtime as needed
- Microsoft Office Suite, for preparation of presentations and reports