Per Se Group is currently seeking an experienced O&M Tech for one of our clients in Morris, Il. This energy center is a 1,250MW (2) 1x1 single shaft configuration natural gas combined cycle facility featuring GE 7HA.02 gas turbines and GE A650 steam turbines with air cooled condensers. The facility has recently entered commercial operations in Summer 2023.
- Conduct all work activities in a professional, environmentally conscious, and safe manner.
- Assures operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair of all plant equipment to include instrumentation, control systems, mechanical, and electrical equipment.
- Performs predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance.
- Monitoring and operating plant equipment and responding to plant emergencies.
- Collecting and recording all necessary equipment and Instrumentation data and manually operating valves.
- Coordinates the operational and maintenance activities performed on shift without oversight.
Preferred Skills & Expertise:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in power plant operations and/or maintenance, or as a qualified plant operator and/or maintenance technician
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Familiarity with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the Operations and Maintenance of a combustion turbine generating station, including balance of plant equipment.
- Experience with steam turbine and/or combustion turbine power generation preferred.
- Understanding of distributed control systems (DCS) preferred
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, back shifts, and be available for overtime as needed.