Per Sé Group has an immediate need for a Project Controls Specialist. The Project Controls lead will be responsible for program specific project controls efforst- planning/scheduling, cost analysis and reporting. In this role, this individual will be working in Primavera P6 and scheduling for large capital construction projects. The Project Controls lead will also assist in the hiring and development of the project controls team including cost specialists and P6 schedulers. The ideal candidate will have a diverse knowledge of project controls related to power generation or construction.
- Assist with computerized budget, cost tracking and progress tracking system, and perform hands-on input and evaluation and identify trouble spots.
- Responsible for project controls services in the implementation of planning, scheduling and cost accounting systems to support EPC projects.
- Prepare project baseline plans, perform periodic project progress updates, and analyze project performance
- Responsible for the preparation and over-sight of owner project schedules.
- Responsible for the review of contractor project schedules.
- Provide support and guidance to project management and finance when required, in monitoring the financial performance of the project.
- Perform field audits of progress and prepare change order information and claims support documentation.
- Assist and review proposal preparation, especially proposed schedules.
- Work closely with Project and Construction Managers and Finance/Controls.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 8+ years experience with project planning and controls
- Capital Project construction experience preferred
- Proficient in Primavera P6
- Utilizing earned value and curve analysis
- Strong communication and management skills