Per Se Group has an immediate need for a skilled Planner & Outage Scheduler for a power generation company in Ivanpah area. The Scheduler / Planner position is intended for an individual with extensive experience and advanced subject matter knowledge in Power Plant maintenance and scheduling/planning of maintenance activities. This knowledge can be gained through prior experience or a combination of college/technical training and experience.
• Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
• Promote safety by assuring that all safety rules and regulations are followed including the coordination and supervision of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
• Communicate and lead in accordance with company vision and core values. Strong competencies in communication, teamwork, and interpersonal effectiveness.
• Conduct outage and or weekly maintenance scheduling while helping establish plant maintenance priorities in accordance with Plant Operations’ needs.
• Determine and schedule necessary resources using Primavera P6, PasTA, SAP e.g. supplies, materials, parts, and special tools or equipment required to perform maintenance inspections and/or work.
• Interpret technical manuals, sketches, prints, instructions, manufacturer’s data and equipment history records while incorporating the applicable information in developing maintenance plans.
• Plan work. Includes costing, manpower and time estimates, and re-evaluates estimates to reflect changing job requirements and prepares job sequence requirements for major plant projects and for specific maintenance work.
• Lead schedule review meetings with various Stakeholders in Engineering, Operations, Corporate Outage Team, and Contractors. Ensure critical path activities are optimized and WBS defined while consulting with the key stakeholders.
• Initiate / update notifications, work orders, BOM’s, PM’s and support all assigned work
• Coordinate with Procurement and vendors to request/receive information and to expedite the approval of documents and the delivery of materials.
• Fill in for the Planner, Outage Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor, or Maintenance Manager when needed.
• Participate in spare parts optimization initiatives, criticality ranking, and development of maintenance strategies.
• Regular extended and non-standard hours during critical issue resolution and to achieve project milestones. This may at times involve working night shift hours and/or weekends.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent - Associates degree in a related field (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license.
• 5 years’ experience in maintenance planning and scheduling
• 2-3 years of experience working with SAP or other CMMS programs
• 5-7 years of working experience in power plants (preferred)
• Project Management certification is considered a plus