Per Se Group has an immediate opening for a Plant Engineer to work as a contractor at our client’s power plant in Ridgefield, NJ. Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Plant Engineer is responsible for plant engineering, operations & maintenance support, and project management. All while serving as a resource for plant personnel to assist in the safe, effective, and efficient operation of the facility.
- Responsible for understanding the plant design basis and Management of Change (MOC) program.
- Investigate equipment failures and own Root Cause Analysis program.
- Make informed decisions on engineering issues and methods that are cost effective and of high quality.
- Supports the regulatory Compliance Specialist in all NERC, Regional Reliability Entity, and EIA issues impacting facility operations.
- Plan and coordinates plant maintenance as required to maximize plant availability and optimize cost effectiveness.
- Maintains and optimizes the plant CMMS system, issues preventative/predictive and corrective work orders for completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or the equivalent in training or experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in power plant operations and maintenance required.
- Experience as a Field Engineer or TFA a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of gas and steam technologies preferred.
- Experience with operations and maintenance of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, electronic controls, and monitoring devices.