Per Se Group has a great short-term contract position for a power plant operator with our client in Connecticut. You will be responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of all plant equipment under your control in accordance with written plant procedures and under the direction of the Operations Shift Supervisor. As a power plant operator, you will be an important part of a dynamic, high-functioning team!
- Oversee the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally sound operation of plant equipment
- Properly operate boiler, steam turbine, plant auxiliary equipment and systems, combustion turbines and auxiliaries during normal and emergency operation
- Troubleshoot plant equipment to resolve operational problems
- Generate and review Work Requests for execution of equipment repair
- Operate various computer systems to receive, analyze, comprehend, and input data
- Monitor and record data using various instruments, recording charts, annunciator systems and other monitoring devices onto shift logs as directed by plant operational procedures
- Implement Plant Emergency Procedures as needed
- Observe variations in operating conditions and interpret meter and gauge readings
- Assist maintenance personnel in performance of maintenance activities to include use of tools, equipment and company vehicles
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Previous experience as a power plant operator.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various switches and valves and the effect each has on the total operation.
- Meet physical requirements of the job such as perform tasks while standing, walking, climbing, and squatting.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and equipment and maintain operating licenses.