As a Project Controls Lead, you will handle cost, scheduling and planning for turnaround and capital projects. You will be an important part of the project controls team, your P6 knowledge and ability to work with project management fulfill a critical need for a company in the oil and gas industry. You will work as a contractor to advance our client’s mission of reconstructing parts of the facility to ensure safety.
- Implementation and execution of the cost and schedule management program for assigned projects/portfolio
- Facilitation and the development of cost estimates/budgets and establishment of cost & schedule baselines
- Implementation of change management practices and proactively capturing associated cost and schedule impacts
- Development of dashboards and presentations to communicate cost and schedule performance to teams in real-time. Implementation of a standardized suite of cost and schedule reports that empower project managers to maintain control of projects and enable senior management to make data-driven decisions
- Perform trend analyses and proactively evaluate project cost and schedule performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders
- Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and lead the cost and schedule contingency management process for assigned projects based on a quantitative risk assessment
- Lead ad-hoc cost and schedule studies that enable rapid decision-making based on payback, rate of return, etc.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive industry experience within Project Controls disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and qualification in Project Management with experience in the Construction/Engineering Project Management environment including general and contractor management experience in a senior managerial position
- Knowledge and experience of Refining and related projects
- Experience in medium to large scale projects in owner’s or owner’s-representative role