An excellent opportunity for a project manager with experience in renewable energy construction, including solar, wind, and battery storage. In this role, you will collaborate with project owners and lead the management of necessary costs and resources, personnel, performance measures, timeline and technical objectives required to complete projects. You will be working with an outstanding team of professionals at a major energy company based in Wisconsin. If you are looking for challenging, varied, and cutting edge projects to further your career in renewable energy project management, this position will be a great opportunity for you!
- Develop and maintain effective project management processes and control mechanisms to ensure effective delivery and completion of projects
- Lead a cross functional team to evaluate sites for various renewable technologies (wind, solar, battery energy storage)
- Guide project and team planning to align with best practices for renewable siting given national, regional and local requirements and/or expectations.
- Engage with equipment suppliers, developers, broader partner network to best advantage outcomes for the expected outcomes of each project
- Perform basic to complex project management assigned work including understanding customer (internal and external) needs, selecting, scheduling and coordinating all internal and external resources.
- Accountable for performance measurements, standards of associated processes, and utilization of information to improve process (i.e., cost control, scheduling execution, safety, etc.) across the business unit.
- Assist in evaluating and developing standards. Understand and enforce rules set by regulatory bodies as applicable (i.e., FAR, AAR, DOT, OSHA, DNR, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 5+ years of experience working as a PM in the renewable energy industry
- Previous experience managing a team of people in a team leader environment or as a project leader.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of renewables siting standards and best practices
- Knowledge of renewable technologies and the equipment considerations that influence renewable development (i.e., setbacks, noise, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand maps, plans, and a working knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS)
- Demonstrated financial skills such as budgeting and basic accounting.