- Expiration Date: 26 February 2049
- Job Ref: 22190
As a Rotating Equipment Lead (REL), you will provide leadership in identifying design, schedule, cost, quality, and reliability risks and pro-actively work with other staff to quantify or qualify the risks so that timely decisions can be made for the benefit of the project. You will also provide detailed technical information on all aspects of rotating equipment at the request of other project disciplines. This position reports directly to the Project Engineering Manager, providing technical oversight of the project design, deliverables, and field engineering support.
• Work with project team on equipment design, site demolition activities, technical bid evaluations, construction work packages, document reviews, commissioning package support, start-up procedure development and equipment factory inspections.
• Interact with vendors to resolve technical deviations and design standard exceptions.
• Achieve performance, cost, schedule, and reliability goals as detailed in the project development phase and project charter.
• Ensure the mechanical and process design of rotating equipment for the project.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
• Minimum of 10 years related oil and gas refinery and/or chemical refinery experience.
• Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Professional Engineer, registered or eligible for registration (Canada or USA)
• High level of familiarity with the contents of the API rotating equipment standards, development and operation of downstream projects such as heavy oil upgrading and refining, and 5 years' experience in crude, vacuum, FCCU and/or HF Alky process plants as a rotating equipment engineer.
• Experience working on at least one oil and gas project as an owner or owner's representative at all post DBM phases of a project (FEED, detailed design, construction, commissioning and start-up).
• 5 years' experience with API and ANSI type rotating equipment and associated auxiliary equipment, including seal plans, lube oil systems, control schemes, maintenance requirements, and operating procedures. Also experienced with the contents of API standards, ASME/ANSI standards, Hydraulic Institute documents and Power test codes.
Who are we?
Per Sé is passionate about finding you your next job. We are a leading workforce solution with 25+ years of experience in the Energy and Industrial markets. We seamlessly match people with the right job opportunities at the right time. Join our network to stay up to date on jobs relevant to your line of work.
People are our purpose
We believe in the power of unique perspectives. In that spirit, we strive to foster an environment in which people of all backgrounds are embraced and inspired. Per Sé values inclusivity, transparency, equal opportunity and care to all applicants and employees regardless of gender/gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and ability.