As a Sales Assistant, you will learn the art of Industrial Machinery Sales under the mentorship of a seasoned industry salesperson. You will be an important part of the outside Sales Team, your knowledge of general business and your desire to learn the trade will fulfill a critical need for an industry leading and globally recognizable provider of Industrial Automation Equipment. This position is designed as a training ground / launching board for the next generation of sales reps for our client’s team.
This position offers a foot in the door to an industry with high-earning potential selling the machinery that will keep American Manufacturing competitive and on the cutting edge for decades to come!
- Support sales team by providing pricing, inventory, and status updates
- Preparing reports related to inventory, sales history, and market analyses
- Assist with order processing
- Receive training on sales tactics, sales process management
- Learn the technical aspects of a specialized line of CNC drive manufacturing machinery
- Travel occasionally to customer’s facilities in support of sales meetings
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- BA/BS in a Business or Engineering related field is not a hard requirement, but it is strongly preferred. Significant relevant experience may be considered a substitute.
- 1 – 2 years of office/professional experience preferred, this could be in a part time or internship capacity
- Strong computer skills
- Must be a people person – this is an outside sales job and soft skills are a must!