Per Se has an exciting opportunity with one of our top power generation clients. As a SCADA Engineer, you will be involved with the efficiency of generation, transmission, substation, and distribution projects to ensure adherence to client standards. You will be an important member of the team, and your knowledge of utilities will fulfill a critical need for a company in the energy utility industry. You will work as a contractor to advance our client’s mission of providing power to their customers.
• Deployed to monitor, control and optimize the Electrical Distribution system
• Responsible activities include configuration, testing, analysis, and operational support for all facets of the system, including SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS) and advanced DMS application modules
• Ensures system accuracy and integrity for continuous real-time 24-hour operation of the SCADA/DMS system
• Configures and tests the ADMS to ensure that the system operates safely in accordance with good engineering principles and performs as desired for our operations
• Maintain and modify as needed databases, displays, and interfaces of the DMS SCADA system
• Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with data, databases, applications, displays, and interfaces of the DMS SCADA system
• Provides engineering and technical support to DMS Technicians, Distribution Control Operators, DCC Engineers, DA Engineers, DA Technicians, and DCC Engineers on Distribution SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS) and advanced DMS application modules such as Power Flow, IVVC, FLISR
• Write and execute tests to assure critical system functions are maintained.
• Develop and maintain appropriate documentation and operating procedures
• Support training initiatives for the Distribution Control Center (DCC) involving new technology and the ADMS
• Perform engineering analysis and evaluation of distribution model and events
• Solve problems and develop solutions that call for original approach with support from more experience engineering team members
Preferred Skills and Expertise
• BS in electrical engineering, PE license a plus
• Two years directly related experience as an Engineer
• Ability to work within stringent deadlines
• Proficient in basic engineering tools with ability to create simulations, build models and develop analytical calculations.
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
• May require travel, work non-standard hours; holidays, and schedules
• Valid State Driver's license
• Must be local