Per Se Group has a very special direct hire position for a Senior Construction Manager specializing in battery energy storage with one of our premier clients. In this role, you will oversee all aspects of utility scale BESS construction projects. Responsibilities include contractor and EPC evaluation and selection, safety, quality, engineering, construction, startup testing, performance testing, and environmental compliance oversight. You will work as an owner’s representative to maintain the highest standards of safety and work product excellence. Our client is one of the most successful renewable energy companies in the US, and is offering very competitive compensation, benefits, and work culture for the right candidate.
- Manage and motivate site foremen, superintendents and craft teams while ensuring compliance with health, safety and all other regulations.
- Ensure the construction process starts and ends on time in accordance with daily and weekly deadlines
- Attend and dial into weekly coordination meetings coordinating with procurement, land rights, HSE and other groups in a proactive manner
- Assist in the identification and engagement of local subcontractors and suppliers
- Support the formulation of the forward construction plan and regularly report back on progress against the plan
- Maintain a daily log of activity for relevant sites including delays encountered, nature of delays and contractors on site etc
- Interface with internal project team personnel and customers and supervise employees on a daily basis.
- Develop project Punch List and ensure Punch List completion, validate milestones and/or quantities submitted by the contractor for payment, and assist in resolution of field problems as appropriate.
- Ensure the quality of construction through continuous monitoring of the construction and installation QC process.
- 10+ years progressive professional experience in renewable energy/solar construction supervision (e.g., management, project controls, QA/QC).
- 3+ years of overseeing battery storage projects at the utility scale (200 MW+).
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity.
- Supervision and co-ordination of Civil, Mechanical & E&I works experience is required.
- Experience of conflict and crisis management as well as contractor management.
- While this role does not require relocation, must be willing to plan travel time, site attendance and occasional office attendance as needed. Extended periods of travel will be required to oversee various battery storage construction sites.