Per Sé Group has an immediate need for a Senior Procurement Manager for a growing renewable energy company with a history of successfully developing over 850 MW of renewable energy projects that are operating in the US. The focus of the Procurement Manager will be to provide leadership for the supply chain team and assist in developing and maintaining a strategy that is consistent with corporate. The Procurement Manager will also be responsible for managing the goals and objectives of the Supply Chain department and administering the policies and procedures related to strategic sourcing, procurement, processes, efficiencies, and productivity.
- Procure for the Development, Engineering, Construction and Operations of Renewable Energy – focused on Wind and Solar PV.
- Establish and implement short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures. Coordinate procurement and sourcing efforts across the U.S. and Canada.
- Recruit new employees, orient, and train. Evaluate and manage employees by communicating job expectations, coaching, and reviews.
- Actively participate on the Global Procurement Team and drive implementation of management teams’ decisions in the U.S. function.
- Lead negotiations including final pricing and the establishment of supply contracts or master purchase agreements.
- Implement commodity-sourcing strategies to address supply market conditions, technology roadmaps, and product / service needs and forecast.
- Identify and lead appropriate field resources to execute initiatives, manage supplier relationships as it relates to administrative and operational activities and issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors, distributors, and services within the renewable energy industry.
- Serve as a liaison between local users and the Global Procurement organization; ensure training of SAP functionality for procurement activities for all end users.
- Implement/administer the organization-wide supplier relationship management program; including the development of performance criteria and tracking methodology.
- Screen supplier capabilities including performing organizational, financial, and process capability assessments.
- Reduce costs and streamline current processes across key commodities.
- Execute and continue to improve reports that define and validate procurement goals and objectives as set by the organization.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly reports to management and corporate function.
- BA/BS Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience required in Purchasing and Supply Chain management. Preference for experience in utility scale wind and solar procurement of highly engineered components, electrical equipment, capital equipment, and / or Aftermarket - Post Sales Supply Chain efforts.
- Must have integral knowledge of supply chain management systems such as SAP, WMS, ECT, etc.
- Experience in the procurement of services in engineering and construction of capital projects in excess of $100M.
- Strategic sourcing, Supplier qualification, and Supplier development experience in Solar PV technology and/or electrical components required.
- Leadership, or direct management experience leading teams is required.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to operate in both a strategic as well as tactical mode.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to delegate when necessary to maintain positive momentum to Strategic Goals and Objectives.
- Strong mathematics aptitude and business acumen.
- Possess superior negotiation, contract generation and analytical skills.
- Possess strong skills using Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access.
- Must have the ability to travel a minimum of 15% of the time domestically and international headquarters.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
- Must interact well in a team environment and demonstrate interpersonal relations by displaying a positive customer service attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time, Direct Hire