Per Se Group has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and goal-oriented Solar Site Manager! In this role, you will act as an owner’s representative, overseeing the EPC contractors and subcontractors on site to ensure optimal project execution. You will utilize your skills and experience to provide onsite management for project implementation of large-scale construction projects. Responsibilities include contractor evaluation and selection, safety, quality, engineering, construction, quality, startup testing, performance testing, and environmental compliance testing. You will be responsible for tracking the project against its schedule, reporting status to management and customer on a regular basis, and implementing processes in a timely, safe, cost effective and environmentally conscious manner.
- Manage field personnel to monitor day-to-day activities and provide oversight to Contractor and Sub Contractors, identify construction specification errors, assure construction is in accordance with contract specifications and applicable codes, assure safe and efficient work methods are utilized.
- Provide onsite contractor interface, local government interface and community relations. Understands and enforces rules set by regulatory bodies (i.e., DOT, OSHA, DNR, etc.).
- Develop project Punch List and ensure Punch List completion, validate milestones and /or quantities submitted by the contractor for payment, and assist in resolution of field problems as appropriate. Ensure the quality of construction through continuous monitoring of the construction and installation QC process.
- Communicate to stakeholders, construction progress as it relates to Safety, Production, Risk, Schedule, Finance, and Quality and reports any situations that require management attention immediately.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 8 or more years of progressive professional experience in renewable energy/solar construction related positions (e.g., management, project controls, QA/QC) and 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
- New construction solar power plant construction on a scale of 1+ MW
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction standards, work methods, equipment, maintenance practices and materials. Ability to read and understand maps, plan and profiles, and drawings.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as developing a budget, interpreting and understanding financial reports, and financial evaluations.