Per Sé Group's manufacturing client near O'Hare has an immediate opening for a Tool Maker. Our client has been in business for over 100 years and is the world's leading manufacturer of commercial plumbing systems. As a Tool Maker you will plan, construct, alter, and repair a wide variety of tools, jigs, prototypes, special parts and fixtures involving difficult and complex machine operations utilizing a wide variety of manual and CNC machine tools.
- Work from prints, sketches, computer aided manufacturing software, machine manuals, machinist manuals, and instructions.
- Plan and layout job assignments
- Determine sequence of machining operations
- Perform machine operations requiring unusual and difficult setups and methods to maintain very close tolerances and fits, including heat treating, drawing, tempering and bench work involving filing, scraping, grinding, lapping, fitting, indexing, timing, assembly and adjusting
- Set up, program and operate EDM equipment, as well as a variety of complex CNC machine tools
- Utilize a variety manual and CNC machine tools, a variety of precision measuring tools and instruments, video microscope, optical comparators, heat treating furnaces and hand tools
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 5 years' experience Tool Making and Tool Repair
- Design and Prototype experience
- Expert-level ability to operate CNC, Manual Machine
Company is flexible on what hours you want to work. But need to stay consistent cannot switch every day or week.
- 5am-330pm (10 hour shift)
- 5am-130pm (8 hour shift)
- 8am-630pm(10 hour shift)