Per Se Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Transmission Engineer with our leading client in power generation. In this role, you will perform engineering work with a focus on transmission line design including both civil and electrical practices.
• Generate cost effective design for high voltage electrical transmission lines
• Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
• Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
• Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
• Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently
• Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
• Project Engineer level individuals will ensure that projects meet quality and schedule objectives
• Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
Preferred Skills and Expertise
• Bachelor degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degrees, from an accredited university
• 5+ years of xxperience in transmission line design
• Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc
• Knowledge and understanding of structure and foundation design
• Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
• Knowledge of transmission systems from 34.5kV to 500kV
• Experience in preparing cost effective designs in an EPC environment
- Sector: Power Generation
- Expiration Date: 26 April 2050
- Job Ref: 22759
Who are we?
Per Sé is passionate about finding you your next job. We are a leading workforce solution with 25+ years of experience in the Energy and Industrial markets. We seamlessly match people with the right job opportunities at the right time. Join our network to stay up to date on jobs relevant to your line of work.
People are our purpose
We believe in the power of unique perspectives. In that spirit, we strive to foster an environment in which people of all backgrounds are embraced and inspired. Per Sé values inclusivity, transparency, equal opportunity and care to all applicants and employees regardless of gender/gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and ability.