Per Se Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Turnaround Operations Supervisor to work with our top refinery client on a one year contract! This position focuses on aligning and preparing the shift team, which includes nearly one hundred operators and supervisors for the event. In this role, you will leverage your knowledge, experience, technical expertise, and management skills to make sure the shift team is prepared to meet all Turnaround objectives (safety, duration, cost). Competitive pay, overtime opportunities, and per diem are part of the package on this great new position!
- Collaborates with shift team to drive optimization of decommissioning and startup timing.
- Act as shift team representative/owner in steering team meetings. Ensure fulfillment of the shift team needs while supporting turnaround objectives.
- Ensure shift teams are informed regularly of turnaround preparation progress, including premise, current worklist, scheduling, pre turnaround activities, shift objectives, etc.
- Assist shift supervisors with shutdown and start-up coordination.
- Assist with capturing lessons learned to support continuous improvement.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Must have experience in pre-turnaround development and oversight, as well as work packages
- Previous experience as shift lead or lead operator/superintendent of a refinery turnaround is required, with FCC, SRU, or Coker experience
- Strong communication skills to work with both owner and craft to proactively identify, mitigate, and/or resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to ensure proper alignment of shift teams in advance of high complexity or high risk scope events